Anita, from Lucerne in Switzerland, has been on the road for us in South America and East Africa (currently: Central Asia) since September 2017.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
Looking for a job I like, really. I was studying and worked in marketing and sales. Last, I spent a season as a destination rep in Greece.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
I did a trip as a passenger and instantly fell in love with overlanding. I realized becoming crew was exactly what I would enjoy in a job: To work in different countries, meet all sorts of interesting people and make lasting memories, you drive a truck around the world and actually get to do some awesome stuff as part of your job!
- What's your favourite destination?
Umm, difficult one... I love the wild nature of Patagonia: Glaciers, lakes, forests, snow-capped mountains – one scenery more stunning than the other! But equally I adore more tropical countries like Costa Rica!
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
Haha there are many! One is probably getting stuck in a snowstorm in the Andes and warming up soup on the truck – that felt like real overlanding life!
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
A headtorch, my truck keys and a pen – you cannot imagine how often these just disappear!
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Expect the unexpected, be positive and you will create memories of a lifetime!